I really enjoyed participating in my first Finish Along in 2015 (Check out all the details for last year here). I didn't get a as much done as I would have liked last year, but it was a nice way to track my progress. I'll be happy to look back at my blog posts in years future. I can't wait to start 2016!
Although technically I missed the cut off to link up my 2015Q4 List, I still made one and completed a finish on my list! I haven't been able to post the quilt I finished bc it's still hasn't been gifted. Since I wasn't able to add to the link up, it didn't really matter. But keep your eye out for that post: coming soon!
Here's the 2015Q4 list:
1) Finish quilting, bind, and label Quilt for Grandma Doris.
I thought about this project a lot, but I suppose that doesn't really count.
2) Finish quilting and making, stuff and use, Pillow #1 for a New Secret Project.
Moving put a hold on this one....
3) Start, piece, baste, quilt, bind and label OC/GC Baby Quilt.
Some work got done on this and it'll make the new list.
4) Piece back, baste, quilt, bind, label Baby Quilt Commission #1.
5) Finish piecing front and back, baste, quilt, bind, label, Baby Quilt Commission #2.
Work got done on this and it'll be in the new list, too!
6) Finish piecing front, piece back, baste, quilt, bind Xmas Medallion Quilt.
I'm not even sure where this quilt is...
On to 2016Q1!
In my goals for this year, I want to get a quilting finish done each month. This won't stop me from making my 2016Q1 list longer than 3 items!
1) Finish piecing, baste, quilt, bind and label OC/GC Baby Quilt.
I'm gonna try and list these in order in which they need to get done, and this is the first.
2) Finish piecing the back, baste, quilt, bind, label, Baby Quilt Commission #2
I have some ideas about how I want to quilt this one, so I can't wait to get started.
3) Finish quilting, bind, and label Quilt for Grandma Doris.
This quilt was on all 4 of my 2015 Finish Along lists. It's time it was really put to bed. I'd love to have this finished in time for Mother's Day, but I've said that before...
4) Quilt, bind, and label Geometric Gift Quilt.
This might be my biggest quilt to date and I'm eager to finish it.
5) Finish quilting, bind, and label Original Mini.
This one goes way back!
Setting deadlines is another one of my goals this year, so I feel that this is a great list to help me achieve that.
I'm so pleased to be linking up with Debbie at A Quilter's Table this year for the 2016 Finish Along. This year's FAL is spread over several blogs, but here's where you can find all the details to join. I hope some of my readers will join up and share their progress with Mad Cat Quilts!
PS Here are some stats and links to my 2015 Finish Along:
Out of 15 unique quilts that made it to my 2015 lists I finished 5. One third of my year's goal is a pretty good start, I think!!
2015 Finish Along
Commissioned Baby Quilt #1 - Post to follow.