I think I did pretty well on my Q1 goals, completing three out of five. Here's a recap:
1. Repair, Label and Gift the Friendship Star Mini.
Done! This quilt is really called Quilt for Grandma Aponte and it's done and gifted.
2. Finish hand-quilting, binding and labeling All Gingham All The Time quilt.
Done! Check out the blog post here!
3. Finish Nest Block Jacket.
Not done. This one is getting rolled over to Q2.
4. Baste, bind, quilt and label Stormy Friendship Mini Quilt.
Done! Here's the blog about it.
5. Finish piecing, baste, quilt, bind, and label Quilt for Grandma Doris.
Not done. I didn't even look at this one. Like not even glanced at it. It's getting rolled over to Q2.
On to my Q2 goals! I rolled over two from last quarter and decided to set my sights at six goals in total.
1. Finish the Nest Block Jacket.
This goal is rolled over from Q1. I have an old red wool jacket that my mom gave me quite a few years ago. It's really red. I started a wee star block to add to it. I'm hoping it breaks up the red a bit. I have the block, and I started quilting and appliqueing it onto the jacket. Hopefully I can stay motivated and get this goal finished in time for the still chilly spring weather.
2. Finish piecing, baste, quilt, bind, and label Quilt for Grandma Doris.
Another roll over from last quarter. This was the biggest project on the last list and I made no progress at all on this so far. I started this quilt Nov 2014 with very high hopes it would be done that year. Then I hoped it would get done by the end of Q1. Hopefully I can make this a priority and have it done by Mothers Day?
3. Quilt, bind, and label the Scrappy Heart Quilt.
I've never made a pillow cover before!! I've made stuffed pillows, but never a cover. This block perfectly fits a pillow form I have. I have to finish the quilting (which I stopped due to bearding frustrations) and decide how to best convert it to a pillow. I'm thinking of trying this tutorial.
5. Finish piecing, baste, bind, quilt and label a quilt to trade for a tattoo.
An instagram friend and I are planning a trade! I get a hand poked piece of art to wear forever, and she gets a quilt! I had inspiration for the quilt and started piecing it. It's no real rush, but I'd like to have this done by the end of Q2.
6. Finish piecing, baste, bind, quilt and label a Beach Blanket.
At the end of last Summer I decided we needed a beach blanket. Nothing better than to make one myself! I started the blocks, but that's as much as I got done. This is the most ambitious goal on the list, but wouldn't it be great to finish it for the Summer season?
I feel like I'm challenging myself for Q2 and I'm ready to get started! I'm Linking up with Adrianne today to set my Q2 goals. And with Kathy for Slow Sunday Stitching bc I can't wait to get to work!.