I did terribly with my Q2 goals, only finishing 1 out of 6. Here's a recap:
1. Finish the Nest Black jacket
I'm never gonna finish this, I've decided and am taking it off my lists for the year.
2. Finish piecing, baste, quilt, bind, and label Quilt for Grandma Doris.
I did make quilt a bit of progress with this one, so it will continue to my Q3 list.
3. Quilt, bind, and label the Scrappy Heart Quilt.
Done! The only project I finished. Find the blog entry here.
4. Finish quilting the Fat Little Cross block and make it into a pillow cover.
Another project I didn't touch. This one goes to the UFO pile possibly never to be seen again.
5. Finish piecing, baste, bind, quilt and label a quilt to trade for a tattoo.
I worked on this a tiny bit in the beginning of Q2, but not since. Too much going on for a tattoo, so it's on hold. I think I'll put it on Q3.
6. Finish piecing, baste, bind, quilt and label a Beach Blanket.
Another one I didn't even touch. This one I will put on Q3, but I'm not holding my breath.
OK. On to the Q3 List: I put six things on this list, like last list. Although that didn't work out well last quarter, I hope to do better! I rolled over three projects this quarter.
1. Finish quilting, bind, and label Quilt for Grandma Doris.
I have this one started, but I am quilting it pretty heavily, and it is July and hot now, so it might take a little while. I plan to have this one ready to gift in Nov as that is her Bday. If not then, there's always xmas....
2. Finish quilting and making, stuff and use, PIllow #1 for a New Secret Project.
This one is a wee part of a larger project. Bits and pieces of this project might show up for a while. But for Q3, I just want to finishing the start, if you know what I mean! I have the top of the pillow pieced and basted and I started quilting. Need to finish and build the rest in order to stuff. This is a new goal for Q3.
3. Piece, baste, quilt, bind, and label Beach Blanket Quilt.
I haven't even touched this quilt since I put it on Q2, so this is pretty ambitious. But I'd be happy to just work on it a little. A more apt goal might just be to get the top done. I do hope to have this one ready for next Summer, tho. This is rolled over from Q2.
4. Finish piecing, baste, quilt, and bind and gift Tattoo Trade Quilt.
This is another project that has a Nov giveaway deadline in my mind. But there's a lot of work before we get there. I have quite a bit more fiddly piecing to do, must decide on a final size, and how I want to quilt it. Also ambitious. This goal is rolled over from Q2.
5. Piece, baste, bind, and label Bright Triangles Quilt.
This is another new goal. A fresh project that has been my go to work when I'm taking the train (which I had been doing a lot in June). The beginnings came together pretty quickly, so I hope this one moves right along. It also occurred to me who might like this quilt as I typed this, so that might be good motivation!!
6. Start, piece, baste, quilt, bind and label OC/GC Baby Quilt.
This one is just an idea and a fabric pull and not due (no pun intended) to be gifted until next year, so I have some time.... But if the mood strikes me, it might happen in Q3. It would also make a really good travel project if #5 gets pieced in a timely manner.
I love lists!
It's so fun to see these goals written down each quarter! I have a lot of big projects in the next three months, but I really hope to see some of these quilting goals completed by the start of Q4. And I'm already thinking of Q5 aka Q1 2016!